How to Choose Materials for Countertops in Maple Grove, MN
When you are ready to change countertops in your home, it is important to choose the right material for your taste and lifestyle. Fortunately, experts, such as Granite Unlimited Inc., can help you narrow down your choices. They will consult with you and point out the pro’s and con’s of various options. Some of the most popular choices will include:
* GRANITE: Customers often choose granite when they want a unique but elegant look for
* Countertops in Maple Grove, MN
* homes. The stone is available in a variety of natural colors and patterns. Professionals can use several pieces to create an unusual look that appears to be seamless. Granite is considered a luxury upgrade, and adds instant value to your home. It is long lasting and easy to clean. Surfaces are scratch and heat resistant. It does need to be sealed, to prevent staining, but it can be re-sealed, to maintain its good looks.
* MARBLE: Installing <a href=”http://graniteunlimitedinc.com/choosing-stone/marble/” title=”Marble Countertops in Maple Grove, MN”>marble countertops in Maple Grove, MN</a> homes adds a prestigious look, since this beautiful stone creates an elegant affect. Marble is also available in many colors, ranging from vibrant to delicate hues. It is often the preferred surface for cooks, because it is cool and ideal for creating pies and pastries. However, marble can be etched by acidic materials, and is prone to staining.
* SOAPSTONE: Dark, hard, and beautiful soapstone countertops are becoming very popular. They are heat resistant and will not etch. If the material is nicked, it can be sanded, to restore its beauty. One drawback to soapstone is that it is only available in a limited number colors, all of them dark.
* QUARTZ: These countertops are engineered, and made from 93% quartz pigment and resin. They have many of the same qualities as marble, but offer simpler upkeep. They are scratch and heat resistant, but do not need to be sealed. Patterns and colors tend to be uniform, which means they do not offer the unique designs of granite, but this does make them easier to repair.
Stone countertops can make kitchen and bathroom upkeep much simpler, while adding beauty and interest to your rooms. They can be made from many materials, including quartz, soapstone, marble, and granite.