Five Questions to Ask Your SEO Consultant
Finding the right SEO consultant in Chicago or anywhere else is all a matter of knowing which questions to ask. After all, while you might not know the ins and outs of SEO, you can’t trust just anyone with such important work.
Five questions to ask:
1. First, ask one important question: Can they guarantee you a #1 search engine ranking? If they say yes – as many bogus SEO consultants do – they’re not worth your time. There is no way to guarantee a #1 ranking, no matter what you may hear to the contrary.
2. Ask about the strategies your prospective SEO consultant plans to use. They should be able to explain to you the methods they will employ, as well as a realistic timeline as to how long it will take before you start seeing improvements, and until you reach your goals. Don’t forget to find out if they’d make any changes to your current website in terms of making it as search engine friendly as possible.
3. Ask for a list of the past and current clients. Get as many reviews or testimonials as you can from them as to the effectiveness of the services being offered. Did they see a positive impact on their rankings? Did they experience an increase in conversions? Did their audience grow?
4. Ask if they’re experienced in local SEO. After all, if you run a brick-and-mortar business, your local SEO is what will bring more customers your way. This means adding your full and accurate business information to search engine directories, as well as developing social media profiles or updating any which already exist. They should also add your business’s city and state to the title tags and meta descriptions of your site.
5. How is success measured? Your prospective consultant should be using Google Analytics to track the success of their efforts. There, they’ll be able to tell how your search engine rankings have improved whether any other websites are driving traffic to yours, the keywords being used, and much more. How will these reports be compiled, and how often will you receive them?
Your SEO consultant in Chicago should be completely upfront with you on all aspects of improving your SEO rankings, their methods, the payment terms they expect and exactly what the process will be if and when you part ways. After that, all that’s left is letting them do their work and watching your search engine ranking improve.
If you are looking for an expert SEO consultant in Chicago, reach out to SEO Solutions. Their dedicated team of professionals specializes in achieving top rankings on major search engines.